All programs are evaluated using pre- and post-attitudinal surveys. School programs collect relevant data to determine the success of the program.
School, Community and Correctional Facility Program Benefits
- 70% reduction in violence and gang-related incidents
- 90% high school graduation rate
- 83% college placement rate
- 80% improvement in attendance
- $60,000: Cost to incarcerate one person for one year in New York State
- $168,000: Cost to incarcerate one person for one year in New York City
- $20,000: Cost to establish one Council for Unity Chapter inclusive of staff training, technical assistance
- $60: Cost to sponsor one person for membership in the Council for Unity for one year
- $1,800: Cost to sponsor one Council for Unity Chapter for one year
The total cost for CFU to serve an entire school community is a fraction of the annual cost to incarcerate one youth in New York City and New York State.